Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The beginning

So now that I've written a little introduction to what I want to do, here come the stats.

Start date: May 30, 2012
  • Weight: 230
  • Waist: 36 in
  • Hips/Stomach: 46 in
  • Thighs: 32 in
  • Upper middle of arm: 15 in
  • Chest: 42 in
  • Butt: 51 in
There is that horrible number staring back at me.  Never want to see it again!



Here is a front and side view of me.  I have my work cut out for me!


Here are the tools that I will use to lose weight:

Because I don't feel comfortable working out in public, I will use workout DVDs...

...the elliptical machine...

... exercise bike...

...and walking!

My goals are:

  • To lose about 2 lbs per week...80 lbs in total.  I want my final weight to be around 150.
  • Major milestone: get under 200 lbs
Besides the tools mentioned above, I will also use Self Magazine's Drop 10 Diet suggestions, which I've been reading for a few weeks now.  Through this I've sort of learned what foods are really good for you like lentils, quinoa, avocados, greek yogurt, etc.  I will also look to YouTube for motivation and possibly exercise ideas as well.

I will try to eat as healthy as possible but also allow for my favorite snacks.  I will use portion control.

I will aim at working out 4 - 5 days a week to begin with and see if I can do that.  Eventually I would like to work out a little each day while I try to lose weight.

NOTES TO SELF:

By working out I will:
  • gain more energy
  • wake up feeling refreshed
  • relieve stress
  • lose weight
  • get toned
  • gain confidence
  • feel like I have a clearer mind
If I don't work out I will:
  • feel guilty
  • keep my stress/anxiety
  • gain weight
  • stay flabby
  • feel lazy
  • hurt my body/potential issues
  • self consciousness
  • stay unhappy




No comments:

Post a Comment